September 13, 2009

cover letter for project

Hi,
This is the format for applying to any institute for summer training.
Whenever u r applying through email, attach ur resume. You can also attach a scanned copy of the recommendation letter which will be given to you by ur HOD.

Format of cover letter:

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, -------- am a bonafide student of the Department of Biotechnology – S.I.E.S. College , Sion, currently studying for M.Sc (part 1).

As a part of the curriculum for M.Sc (part 2) as prescribed by Mumbai university we are required to undergo a “summer project” for a duration of three(/ 3-6 )months (may-july2010).

I am fascinated and deeply interested in the project work carried out in your lab.

I would be highly privileged if I get a chance to work under your precious guidance. I promise to put in my best efforts with full sincerity, dedication and positive approach towards my work.

I request you to kindly do the needful. Please find my attached resume for your reference.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,
(NAME).


At places where u r applying personally like BARC, you need to carry printouts of ur resume, cover letter (signed) and a xerox copy of the recommendation letter.Also mention the duration of training period because they mostly prefer trainees who r willing to work for more than 3 months.


P.S: get printouts of this along wid ur rec letter and C.V on monday(2mrw) to college, v r starting to go to diff institutes from 2mrw itself

1 comment: